Adsense Guild Members Are Progressing Well
Progress has been good for everyone in the Guild for the month of October, with higher earnings. This is despite so many people in other internet marketing forums, complaining that their Adsense earnings have been hurt by the recent google algorithm updates.So far, it seems like sites that are basically auto-blogs are affected the most. With lower income earnings, and lesser traffic. Updates for this week as follows:
Website rankings updates:
12/11/2011 - 349,829 <- Hardly moving in ranking
Second site vs this Blog (with minimal marketing)
12/11/2011 - 473,052, (website)
12/11/2011 -1,310,828 (blog)
Ranking of This Blog On Adsense Guild
This blog has suffered the fate of ranking lower and lower. Most probably Google has detected that there are hardly anything, other than my rambling about the performance of my sites. If you have came across this site, because you would like to quit your job and join the internet marketing crowd, do you know what you are losing?What You Would Lose When You Go Into Full-time Internet Marketing
There are so many websites telling people that if they want to get rich they should be quitting their jobs and going into business themselves. I wont deny that going into business is good and there are lots of money to be made than working for someone else.
However, what these sites did not tell you is that in any business, the customers do not really care about your paper qualifications. You can have the best mba, bachelor degrees from the top universities in the world, and yet if you dont have any value add to your customers, they will abandon you in no time.
Such is the contrast to working for someone else. In Singapore, employers generally hire based on your qualifications first. This is so evident in government agencies, statutory boards and the multi-national corporations (MNCS). They also compensate appropriately for your experience.
Now, I hoped I have not burst your dream of starting your own business, online or offline. But I were a lot like you when I started 213 days ago. Luckily, I did not throw away my job. Looking back, despite the progress made in earning passive income, if I knew there were so much work involved in internet marketing, I would not want to go into it. So many hours of free time were spent on it.
Did I mention the frustration of hiring freelancers to do some of the work for me? Money really makes the world goes round. When you pay too little, nobody would want to do anything for you. When you pay the right amount, freelancers would raise issue that they arent familiar with your website material and need to be paid more for more time spent on the assigned tasks. All these time, money is just dripping out of my own pockets.
If after reading this posting, and you still want to join Adsense Guild, then you would have joined a group of elite internet marketing gurus, myself excluded :(